[StBernard] Questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 30 02:18:41 EST 2005

Westley:

Thank you for continuing to provide a valuable service through your
communications. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Would you mind checking with Craig Taffaro and Kenny Hernandez in regards to
the following:

(1) It was my understanding that Corrine Estates had running water, yet
after driving from Chattanooga to Chalmette to wash out my house I found
that there was water for about a day, but because one house in the third
block had a broken water pipe, water to the entire subdivision was
discontinued. I tried for a week to address this with someone in authority,
to no avail, so returned to Chattanooga tonight. I would appreciate knowing
when water will be restored to Corrine Estates once and for all.

(2) My uncle is a licensed electrician in New Orleans and Jefferson
parishes and it was my intent to have him handle my electrical work,
however, I heard on the news this past week that St. Bernard was not
accepting any additional applications to be added to the approved vendor
list. Is this correct? Although most of my work will be handled by St.
Bernard residents, I don't see why I can't utilize someone I trust that is
approved in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes, and would appreciate knowing
what steps need to be taken to have him approved to perform electrical work
in St. Bernard Parish? He is not interested in taking business away from
parish residents, but he wants to help his sister (my mother-in-law), my
daughter, and myself.

(3) I previously contacted Murphy, received a telephone call asking me
specific questions and asking for authorization to perform tests on my
property. I have had no contact since, and this afternoon was informed that
a face-to-face interview had to be conducted a Murphy Oil Representative by
Monday, October 31st. Is this correct? If so, please advise so that I can
immediately return to Chalmette and also advise as to where and whom I have
to see to address the oil damage to my property?

Your assistance in helping me obtain answers to the above will be greatly
appreciated.

--
John F. Richardson