[StBernard] Questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 30 10:16:24 EST 2005

Dear Mr. Richardson,

I'll do my best to give you some sense of answers to these questions.

(1) It was my understanding that Corrine Estates had running water, yet
after driving from Chattanooga to Chalmette to wash out my house I found
that there was water for about a day, but because one house in the third
block had a broken water pipe, water to the entire subdivision was
discontinued. I tried for a week to address this with someone in authority,
to no avail, so returned to Chattanooga tonight. I would appreciate knowing
when water will be restored to Corrine Estates once and for all.

Unfortunately the water service is being restored but is under extreme
circumstances. Each area that is pressurized, finds leaks. As one leak is
isolated, additional pressure creates additional breaks in the line,
resulting in large areas being without water service. While it is
frustrating and sometimes unpredictable, the water board is really working
hard and understand that they hold an enormous key to getting people back
into the parish. I would like to have water as well to clean the few things
that are still in my house. I will get the weekly post of where water
service is permanent, but keep in mind that even in these areas, breaks in
the lines continue to happen.

(2) My uncle is a licensed electrician in New Orleans and Jefferson
parishes and it was my intent to have him handle my electrical work,
however, I heard on the news this past week that St. Bernard was not
accepting any additional applications to be added to the approved vendor
list. Is this correct? Although most of my work will be handled by St.
Bernard residents, I don't see why I can't utilize someone I trust that is
approved in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes, and would appreciate knowing
what steps need to be taken to have him approved to perform electrical work
in St. Bernard Parish? He is not interested in taking business away from
parish residents, but he wants to help his sister (my mother-in-law), my
daughter, and myself.

I have asked community development to accept a reciprocal license for
licensed electricians in St. Tammany, Orleans, and Jefferson. We will
likely take this up at this weeks council meeting.

(3) I previously contacted Murphy, received a telephone call asking me
specific questions and asking for authorization to perform tests on my
property. I have had no contact since, and this afternoon was informed that
a face-to-face interview had to be conducted a Murphy Oil Representative by
Monday, October 31st. Is this correct? If so, please advise so that I can
immediately return to Chalmette and also advise as to where and whom I have
to see to address the oil damage to my property?

I would verify that with whomever told you that information. Check to see
what position that person holds in relation to Murphy. Otherwise, I am not
aware of such a deadline. I know that there are face to face meetings being
scheduled with individuals and Murphy representatives, but those are by
appointment. Unless there is someting in writing that is a registered piece
of mail to you at the address you provided to Murphy for contact, I can not
believe that you are going to miss some deadline that I have heard nothing
about.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Craig