[StBernard] FEMA: U.S. Pays $9,000 per La. Resident

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 5 19:41:08 EST 2005

So I understand. We still don't get any additional help/money from FEMA.
Yes, we got the original $2,000 and the next $2,300. But that still does not
help me purchase a new house or property to build a house. I can't bring my
two small children back to Chalmette for a long time and I need to purhcase
a new house.

We were told on the phone with FEMA today that we do not qualify for the
additional money, yet. BUT, if the SBA denies us we could go back to FEMA
for the $26,200 grant. This money you don't have to pay back the lady told
me.

What happen to the millions that all these organizations raised to help
Hurricane Kartina victims? I guess just the parish and officials will see
that money. I am just like everyone else. I lost everything.

Jenny