[StBernard] Paris Road Pornshops

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 20 18:01:28 EST 2005

Westley:

Apparently some of my parish neighbors had issues with my suggestion that we
continue to work with Orleans Parish to eliminate the adult video
(entertainment?) stores on Paris Road. I was not implying to "get rid of
Bourbon street" or any of the like. I was simply responding to Marvin's
request for suggestions to improve the parish as we move towards a "new St.
Bernard". That was one of my suggestions - I am well aware that these
businesses are in Orleans parish, and further, that I have no legal control
over them because if I did, they would have been closed long before the
storm.

Emotions, including my own, are running high right now. My purpose here is
to ask your many readers to keep items in perspective - if we are asked for
our opinion, we should provide it. If someone disagrees with an opinion,
that is certainly their right. I only suggest that they, in this case for
example, limit their comments to the material presented, and submit a
separate document to express their opinion about closing Bourbon Street,
eliminating beer on Sundays, or some of the other comments that were
generated from a simple suggestion. After all, we are all working towards
the same goal - a better St. Bernard for all of us.

--
John F. Richardson