[StBernard] Adult Bookstores

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 20 18:10:24 EST 2005

Yeah,

Keep this up and we'll end up the first omish community in the south. I
hate those porn shops, hwen they first went up my first thought was
great....another blow to the St. Bernard rep. Then you want to ban
cigarettes (no I don't smoke) and bars (they have some really nice bands
that used to play at Katz and you didn't have to drive to another parish to
listen to them). Hate to break it to ya guys, but the cigarette and alcohol
tax money is a big revenue for the parish. Next will be a caffine ban, so
no more chocolate milk for the kids.....this can go on forever.

In Natchitoches there was a video store that had a "smut" room in the back.
There was a "bouncer" that checked id's to make sure you were old enough to
go in there. Out of site for anti-smutters, and all the other entertainment
in the back. Sounds like a happy medium to me.

Hey, at least its a suggestion for both sides.

Dawn