[StBernard] LA Insurance law

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 23 16:01:25 EST 2005

At least you have been contacted by an adjuster. I filed my claim on 8/29
and it was not assigned to anyone until Nov 3, after it had been passed off
by two other companies. Needless to say an adjuster has not even been
assigned to my home; not that I am expecting anything, I have 3 ft holes in
my ceiling from roof damage, but I know they will say everything inside was
ruined from the flood. Unfortunately I did not have flood insurance, like so
many I was told Homeowners covered hurricanes. They failed to mention
flooding from hurricanes, wind driven rain from hurricanes and almost any
other occurence from a hurricane was an exception. I am baffled as to what
exactly homeowner's insurance does cover.

Tina Marie