[StBernard] Is there help out there????

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 5 22:42:17 EST 2006

Jackie,

I wrote that just a few weeks ago in the edirorials for the Times, if the
federal government doesn't want to help, just tax each and every gallon of
gas that crosses the state line, and every CCF of natural gas. If gas goes
up to $3 a gallon again, will America care then? AND, every Louisiana
resident can file monthly receipts and get reimbursed their "taxes" from the
price hike.

Wendy

________________________________

Craig,

Is there any legislation to help the citizens of the United States the most
powerful nation in the world get the help that we need?

What is being done about these insurance companies saying they are only
going to pay 14 days for loss of use. That is absurd. And of course the
beaten individual has not the resources or the energy to fight the big
insurance companies. Also they are saying that they have depreciated all
contents for those lucky enough to have homeowners accept some
responsibilty, and that you need to purchase the items first and then get
reimbursed later. It's kind of hard to fit a house full of furniture into a
FEMA trailer.

We the citizens of St. Bernard Parish have been let down by our government.
My sister has the perfect solution, lets keep our oil and sell it elsewhere;
if our government is unwilling to help. Or just shut off the valves, that
will surely get their attention in Washington!!!!

Thanks Wesley for the opportunity to vent!!!

Jackie