[StBernard] Trees, Cars, Boats and Drainage

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 6 18:12:04 EST 2006

Hi Craig, Just left the parish and didn't get a chance to go to Public Works
to see or sign up to get downed tree and half standing tree removed from my
back yard at 2000 Starling Drive (Plantation Drive). Could you help with
this? Spoke to a company cutting brances but they said they were only doing
front yards. Thanks. Adeline Landry

Deborah,

I can always tell when you must be having trouble sleeping at night
(ha ha).

Ok- the scoop about the car/boat removal issue is that the state has
dropped
the ball and has now tasked any one of several agencies to now be
involved-
the state police, the DEQ, and local wrecker services. The outcome
is that
the residents continue to be in the middle. We requested DEQ to
please send
a written correspondence about the status and to clear the ability
for the
local wrecker service or for the local sherrif department to get
things
moving.

As far as the trees, our operation and maintanence budget in the
road
department of public works actually has money for this.
Additionally, the
state DOT had hired a contractor to make a pass along the highway to
do some
of the cutting, which didn't work too well. Our debris removal
contractor
can take "hangers" down as they are identified.

The drains are being vacumed and for the most part many drains have
been
done, but again the area of the oil spill was handled differently.
The
first pass of public cleaning, including drains, has not gotten the
drains
cleaned after the rain or runoff water moves more dirt into the
drains.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Deborah for your interests.

Craig