[StBernard] INSURANCE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 6 18:15:05 EST 2006

Does anybody know the law in which the insurance company has to settle with
you within 30 days? My insurance adjuster keeps giving me the run around and
telling me that they will send it to me in 2 weeks...2 weeks has now been
over 2 months. Someone told me that they have a law where if they don't
settle with me within 30 days they will be penalized for holding my money
and drawing interest from it. It is amazing how "they" need my money before
my insurance is up for renewal, but when it comes time to pay out, they hold
out! By the way, I have Horace Mann Insurance (teachers insurance) and
Hartford Insurance for flood.
Thanks.

Heather C. LaBauve