[StBernard] Oil Test Results

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 6 18:26:12 EST 2006

Amanda,

the issue of the debris is an easy answer. there is no efficient way to
handle the debris that is potentially contaminated and the debris that is
not, so the efficient way to do it is to send it all to a type I facility.
The issue of trailer placement is at the option of the individual landowner,
because there are many areas that pose no real threat but are included in
the larger plum- the soil and sediment samples continue to show encouraging
reports and the landowner can have the property scraped- as part of the
remediation process. The major issue right now is the lack of in-home
sampling on the homes that have been cleaned and the process that Murphy is
using that puts the cleaning off for residents who have not settled. Settle
or not, the clean up must take place and Murphy must complete it.

As far the officials not taking this serious- that is a laughable and
strictly provocative lead for the media. Lets see, CNN is covering this
issue daily and attending the meetings and reviewing the data- NO, THEY ARE
NOT. But when it comes up as a story they become the concerned media and
informed at indepth levels.

No doubt there are ongoing needs of monitoring which is being done, but not
through media sensationalism.

Don't fall into the media trap- if the media ran the show St. Bernard would
still be categorized as a toxic waste site. Remember we have lived in swamp
and marsh lands all of our lives. Even with the refinery operating again-
the air is as clean as it has ever been- ask CNN to compare our air to their
air quality outside of their studios.

Our environmental firm is working hard to identify any shortfalls to be
addressed and we stand ready to do just that.

Take care,
Craig