[StBernard] INSURANCE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 6 21:22:10 EST 2006

Heather,

>From what I have heard there is a rule that all insurance companies have 30

days to settle once they have received "satisfactory proof of loss".
Therein lies the problem. The law does not define "satisfactory proof of
loss."

When I called the insurance commissioner's office about and listen to Robert
Wooley on the radio their guideline is to take the date the adjustor
inspected your house then add two weeks for him to submit his estimate to
the insurance company. So you are looking at six weeks just with this, then
add another couple of weeks because of the storm volume. So now you are at
two months.

But, don't let it end there. To pursue this, YOU need to hire an attorney
and YOU need to file suit against the insurance company and the burden of
proof is on YOU.

Could you win, yes, but don't expect a cheap or speedy resolution.

Westley