[StBernard] soil removal etc.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 12 10:41:58 EST 2006

Craig,
Murphy has been removing soil from my home at Despaux and Ohio. I recently
notified them that I have an underground sprinkler system and any equipment
needs to stay on the street side of my sidewalk as not to damage the system
unless they corridnate with me prior to entering my property.

Last week I noticed large equipment wheel tracks 2 feet on the house side of
the sidewalk that were made by whomever is picking up trash at other houses,
not mine
As of that day the sprinkler system was OK. I know eventually it will need
to be removed and replaced to clean up the soil but hopefully not at my
expense.

Have you ever found out who marked my white bark brick on 10/28 at 2300
Despaux with the blue paint? My window covering had already been marked
with the x designating that the house was searched for bodies. Besides the
inside of the house had been cleaned which could be seen through a 10 foot
window. In addition, they also broke the frame of my front door requiring
the entire assembly to be replaced. Prior to this I only had to replace a
broken glass in one sidelite and the initial door. Now I need to replace it
all at my expense unless I can work a miracle with my honeowner insurance.
Still don't know how I will get the teal blue paint off of my white bark
brick without removing the bark finish off the brick. However the paint is
minor, but the fact remains "who did it and why?". I've heard of one other
house with the blue markings made on 10/28 and it was in Lexington.

It's hard for me to believe that we are this much out of control that
officials don't know what is going on or who is doing what. I want to come
back but it looks like the parish is a dog chasing it's tail. Still sitting
on the fence about rebuilding. < DIV>My neighbors on the corner of Ohio and
Ventura are coming back. Like everyone else we're just waiting for some
concrete infomation on flood levels ets.

Is there a "must have" list anywhere that has been compiled by the parish
government with some sort of schedule etc?

I'm still waiting for the written report that Murphy stated that I would
receive on the oil/chemical content on my property.

Frustrated like everyone else but still keeping the faith,

Jill D.