[StBernard] U.S. Representatives On Katrina Select Committee Tour Area

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 20 23:29:31 EST 2006

It seems our elected officials have convenient memories. Was Schumer sp
busy devoting time to find something on an extremely well qualified Supreme
Court Justice that he couldn't squeeze a day of his busy schedule to see the
devastation to the New Orleans area? Is Hillery so busy bashing Bush for
destroying the country that she can't spare a day to learn something about
New Orleans/St. Bernard and perhaps "save" some of the country? What
happened to the memories of the government officials in California? Did
they forget how much help they received years ago during the devastating
Oakland earthquake? What about New York officials? Have they forgotten how
the New Orleans area,along with rest of the country came to their
assistance? Every resource possible was provided to the city of New York
and, to their credit, they were reasonably functional as quickly as
possible. I could go on an on - the Texas droughts; mid-west twisters; the
bitter cold of the Northwest.

Where are the elected officials of these states? If they want to abandon
us, then I pray to God that we show more compassion to them.

John Richardson