[StBernard] Recall Parish Officials?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 20 23:53:47 EST 2006

If you want to recall Parish Officials, are YOU ready to replace them?

A lot of what we need is answers, but those answers need to come from the
Feds and there isn't much parish officials can do to speed up the process.

I'll agree with everyone, Gov. Blanco did a crappy job, but recall her?
What's the point? You have six months, I believe, to collect the needed
signatures. If it takes you the full six months, then add in time to have
the signatures validated, plus time need to prepare and call for an
election. It could very well be the end of her term anyway, so why bother
holding an election one or two months early?

I'm sure the same scenario would play out for our local officials.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the job they did and continue to do,
given the two choices we had for both Parish President and Sheriff, I think
we have the right people in those positions.

Westley