[StBernard] Gutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 24 14:35:53 EST 2006

Sandy,

I had flood insurance but my old uncle, that lives in Slidell didn't. He had

water up to about the door as you did. The FEMA inspector came out and
looked and took pictures and said he was eligible to get the max, $26,000
grant. That is where I got that from. That includes all the emergency money
and everything, and if they give you a FEMA trailer or rental support, I
think they deduct that from the $26,000. I'm not sure about all this but i
think that is how it works. So far he has gotten about $9,600. $2,000
emergency money, $2,400 rent assistance, and $5,200 to fix the house. I
think he may get more to equal $26,000 but so far he has not actually gotten

it. He also has a FEMA trailer so I don't know how much they take off for
that. You may be entitled to more, call FEMA and see, it can't hurt.

LM