[StBernard] Tour groups

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 20 09:07:39 EST 2006

I agree with Wendy. There may be some who come to "gawk", but most who come
will realize how much help is still needed. They will take pictures, go
back home and tell of what they saw. I am not sure it will be good
publicity to have angry residents yelling at them and telling them to leave.
On the other hand, I think it will be good publicity to swallow some of that
anger and greet them as kindly as possible and make them feel welcome. This
will be more likely to bring out their compassion. The anger will just turn
them off and they may leave feeling that St. Bernard can dig it's ownself
out.

On a side note, Wendy, I sympathize with you. We were hit Friday evening
with 20 below without the windchill----with that kind of cold, it just plain
hurts to go outside. Hope you make it back to the warmer Louisiana weather
soon.

Michelle