[StBernard] message for Jer

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 20 09:52:35 EST 2006

Tracey, thanks for the kind words of encouragement, as I'm not here as a
vanguard, savior or St. Bernard or even soap-box conquerer. I'm here because
I am part of St. Bernard as so many hurting parish Americans these days. I
question things that are unsafe, immoral, indescribably bad or stupid and as
just one of the many St. Bernardians, my frustration is countered by my
patience for justice.

I feel wronged as so many citizens were, duped by the Corps of Engineers,
left to hand and dry out by FEMA and brought to the brink by the slowness of
getting us to our feet. Do we deserve better? You bet your sweet bippy we
do.
Why should we be compacent with the least when we utterly deserve the
better? If I stood back and acted like a passave a$$ to accept what's doled
out in crumbs, I then deserve every a$$-kickin' I get. I'm not going to be
satisfied with the nation feeling they've had enough with Katrina fatigue,
victims who are portraited around the nation as slovenly mish-mash trolls
who are greeded, lazy, good-for-nothin's. I'm worth something, and on my own
merits I hope to prove that our parish citizens have the inheritant right to
be treated with the dignity they were deprived of before, during and
subsequent to this most miserable storm event.

--Pray for us, Lord. At least you follow us into battle if not with our
generals, leaders and once-supports, and this battle will be long and
hard-fought.

-==Jer==-