[StBernard] phone service

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 23 10:32:44 EST 2006

Wes,
There was another central office around the Poydras area. I had thought
there was one there and when I had my DSL box installed, the tech confirmed
that to me. I was about a 1/4 mile away from the central office and got
great speed. If that c.o. is operational, it should speed up installations.

You're right about worst case scenarios...look at what Atmos was originally
saying, and from the current/latest map, we now have gas available in my
neighborhood.

JY

Some things to consider with Bellsouth restoring service.

1) Closer you are to a central office, the faster you may get
service. Two
that I know of are Paris Road/St. Bernard Hwy (covers Chalmette,
Arabi,
Meraux) and a second off of Misicot Dr. in Violet (covers Violet and
down).

2) Any date they give is just a shot in the dark. They have to give
you
some kind of date, so they pick the worse case scenario and use that
project a date.

Westley