[StBernard] Entergy wants $$$

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 23 10:31:42 EST 2006

Dear Friends :
We are St Bernard folks in exile . We are too, too far away and just plain
...want to come home. We are trying to do everything we can to find work, a
place to stay and to be able to come home.
Today we received an E-bill from Entergy for over $423. which includes an
amount due from January. We were paid up in August and have had no service
since. Of course, we have no home , no jobs and no inkling what to do about
this atrocity of greed. I have sent a letter requesting them to rectify this
mistake. I feel like this is just harassment and cruelty to a community that
was once hard working and used to paying our bills.
Other then the letter, what can we do ? Using the phone is not an option
since I am hearing impaired and the equipment I use has difficulties using
those phone systems (press 1...etc.)
My fear is when we do find a job , find a place to stay ...we won't be
able to get our power turned on because of this kind of confusion. It will
cost us enough to find money for high rents, deposits , etc.
Thank you,
Susie Cambre