[StBernard] Murphy Oil Testing

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 27 23:54:48 EST 2006

I live on Gallo dr. with the Chalona canal directly behind me. I have a
friend who is a chemical engineer. He performed soil tests on my property
last week. While taking samples, he noticed the floating barriers on the
canal. He thought is was odd that six months later, the barriers remained in
place. Upon closer examination he saw a sheen of oil on the water. He
thought it would be wise to take water and soil samples of the canal bank
bordering my back yard. The tests results came back today. The canal and the
banks are highly contaminated with crude. He stated that I should be
concerned because this area is literally " in my back yard". He was even
more surprised to find out that this area has already been cleaned!!!!!! Is
this the level of cleaning that is being done????

I have also heard rumors that canals may need to be widened to accomadate
more water. If this canal is widened it will be in my back yard!!!!!! Is
this a cover up????? Maybe they do not want to admitt that the soil must be
removed. It may be easier to say the canals must be widened.

Kenny O'Donnell