[StBernard] Support Local Businesses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 1 00:08:31 EST 2006

"Dear Jer, PLEASE....WE SHOULD NOT...I repeat SHOULD NOT have to BEG for
recovery money...and that is just what we are doing! --Clm"

**Yes, we shouldn't HAVE to beg. It should be a "gimmee". Except that in
reality. It isn't and probably won't be anytime soon. We, for the most part,
will be "beggin'" I suppose for some time to come.

"Get our young men and women back from Iraq ...we'll have plenty money to
rebuild the Gulf Coast... -Clm"

**Well, to many war is necessary beyond our wishes to be at peace. As
mentioned, freedome is not free. At the time, I'm worried about our borders.
Can you imagine with our southern borders being so loosely monitored that
either an enemy of the USA can cross at will, perhaps, or even give some of
the river crosses $5,000 to carry a "dirty bomb" across the border to Los
Angeles and detonate it??? Our world is much smaller than it was 50 years
ago. Terrorists are our enemy, and we certainly do NOT want to fight them in
California, Texas, Louisiana or Florida. We had to go after them as badly as
we needed to go after Adolf when he started aggression and neutral countries
appeased him.

"Why bring Clinton into this...he is not the President at this time. This
administration ....talks a good talk...Gw knows how Congress will vote
therefore why not say he will give all the money needed...he knows we won't
get everything we need to rebuild... The Army Corps failed us...they should
be responsible! --Clm"

**The joke must have flown a couple of inches above the scalpline <G>> I was
helping to justify our president's help to the Gulf Coast. He's far from
finished helping us, but we did get support for many billions. Now we find
out, it's going to take 6 billion more and the guts of Congress to approve
it for our dire needs.

--Jer--