[StBernard] JR's comments

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 1 22:24:28 EST 2006

Ultimately, this leaves opinions to at least 2 camps. Those who accept JR
for what he is/what he was..

..or leaves open an opinion as to who we should have/should have had. This
the odeous statement of opinion formed by what is/should have been. If we
choose between the two, perhaps to some, there was a "lesser of evils" or
which side of the fence a voter's wishes will fall. It's been so long that a
truly great man was at the realm. Perhaps it's time for a truly great woman?
Only thing, one would be hard-pressed to find either these days, perhaps.
They used to erect statues to great leaders. I don't think St. Bernard has
one planned that it can place at the corner of Judge Perez and Paris Road. I
used to like Louie Munster and Sammy Frichter immensely. Those were leaders
that this writer knew. For some reason, (and I probably know the answer) I'd
need to reflect immeasurably to think of greatness knowing (or should I say,
know knowing) deeds which could come forward (either good or bad) at some
distant time.

Jer.

Ben,

It boils down to the simple fact that a lot of folks could not reach a level
of trust with Scott Wolfe.

I led a meet and greet before the primary and had all four candidates get up
and give a five minute speech. After all was said and done, no one of the
50+ people there had anything positive to say about Wolfe.

Personally, in the days immediately following the storm, I felt we had the
two best people taking care of the parish in Junior and Stephens. That
doesn't mean I agree with everything they have done, but in a crisis I think
they handled the job better than a Wolfe/Landry combination would have.

Westley