[StBernard] Politicians

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:12:06 EDT 2006

Wendy:

I agree with you on some points, but I must point out that it was Edwards
who slipped in the majority of the gasoline state taxes that we continue to
pay to this day. That is why gasoline in our area is so much higher per
gallon than in the surrounding states.

It was David Treen who introduced a tax cut shortly after being elected to
office, a mistake in my opinion because it was retroactive and when gasoline
prices fell, the budget was impacted for two years in a row. Hindsight is
50/50, but at least he brought honesty and integrity to the office of
governor.