[StBernard] Local Elections

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:14:03 EDT 2006

Jer, One might take the same approach to any "volunteer" situation. What a
shame that the mindset is "corrupt until proven not". I wonder Jer what you
would pay a council person to assure a clean agenda; it is not so much
denial to "your point" as much as a refusal to accept the presumed point and
the unfortunate reality that people much like yourself operate from a
confirmation bias that seeks to prove the presumption rather than see the
reality, whatever it may be.

Yes, I knew this going in- but it doesn't mean that it should be accepted.
You sound an awful lot like the people in Washington who said those people
in New Orleans knew they were in a flood plain- they deserve to be flooded
and shouldn't get extra money to clean up. Anyway, just another way of
seeing the same glass of water. Craig"

Jer: **Craig, there are few getting the job done than you. Too bad that
"Great Expectations" area always the norm placed on officials. From the
constituents side of the coin, no payment or volunteering is mandatory to
them. So, the weight is always placed on the "elected faithful" to get the
big bucks which they earn in office <G>>. I can bet you never knew that
someday, the paycheck would seem almost "chump-change" for the job. In
Southeast LA and other U.S. "danger zones", it's in the back of the mind
that someday, the work is 1 million times more than what's being paid.

Regarding, Washington. I've always stipulated that a move on Washington was
needed as it is a bold, proactive attempt to show local officials are doing
what is indeed needed. Nothing less will suffice when it comes time to lobby
money for the tragedy/cause. I would be amiss having not mentioned it, and
the parish officials did not do so. My confirmation bias is and always has
been to write in regards as to what I think it would take. But, like myself,
so many others would side with me knowing that it is needed for the U.S.
Government to accept an audience with the officials. Staying home and
bitc4ing about what everyone should do would do nothing more than compile a
group therapy session (the traditional circled assembly) where everyone has
the answers for everyone else's problems, but the individual persons in the
session has no idea what is wrong with themselves. (Diagnostics, DSM-IV
manual).

If you're saying that I believe "I" deserve for me and other poor
unfortunates to not be supplemented/covered because I/we were in a flood
plain and thus hung myself/us by ignoring a endangered area, I beg to
differ.

IMHO, everyone needs compensation in some manner, whether it be insurance,
recovery grants or help from more fortunate to lesser ones. It's reality.
Many were hurt, more than others. But, everyone deserves to recovery if not
only because it's the American Way. (or should be).

Cheers, Jer.