[StBernard] Kitchenware Giveaway

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:16:16 EDT 2006

"However, I must voice my disappointment at those residents taking all they
can get free, even if they don't need it. I can't believe the line of cars
waiting for Operation Compassion (next to Splash) ) to open once a week. I
would guess two-thirds of those car's waiting don't need what's being given
out.

"People came over my back, knocked me out of the way and was fighting for
those ice chest. I just stood there looking and the Red Cross volunteer was
crying. I have witnessed residents here acting the same way when the DRC
first opened,walking away everyday with shovels, brooms, ice chest, etc."

**James, I can only hope that no one comes over anyone's back with the
Kitchen Knives (Kitchenware set)as we can envision the result <G>..

I agree wholeheartedly, that needing something replaced, and wanting the
same as "prized giveaways of greed" are separatable concepts.

--Jer--