[StBernard] Kitchenware Giveaway

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 23:19:55 EDT 2006

I saw a post on nola.com/St.B forum that the line at one point was waaay
down Judge Perez from the Jubilee. I kinda wondered how many folks really
needed those kitchenware handouts. I've already gone to Wal-Mart here to
buy bath linens and some kitchen towels, etc. I can buy a "good" set of
pots/pans because I'll need them eventually when the house is redone. Also
can pick up a set of Corelle here before heading home. 4 settings should be
enough because I don't anticipate much entertaining in a trailer! And of
course with no grocery in the parish I'm tempted to buy one of those big
plastic tubs at Wal-Mart to load up on food necessities, canned goods etc.!

I guess what I'm saying is these types of purchases on our own won't break
us and for those willing and able to get in a (probably) horrendous line for
freebies, God bless 'em!

JY

Gluttony is one of the seven deadly virtues.
It always seems that peoples eyes are bigger than their appetites.
(saw this
too many times at Cheung's Garden
buffett)
You are 100% correct tho. Take only what you need, if you need it.
Just
because its free does not mean you have to take it. I realize many
have lost
so much, but ask yourself, do I really need it or could someone else
use it?
I guess I am naive, but I try to rely on the good side of people,
however, I
know that is not always the case.
Wish I could see the line of cars waiting to pick up free
kitchenware.
Probaby a mile long.
God bless all who are returning to Chalmette for this one.
I wish you well and no auto air conditioner failures! HA Bob