[StBernard] Ex-FEMA chief Brown may be hired by ravaged parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 23:26:53 EDT 2006

I can't help but find it ironic that our Parish President is considering
hiring Michael Brown as a consultant.

Consider that when Ron Chapman raised the question of why would we not use
the Corps of Engineers to clean up the Parish, Junior's response was that
the Corps caused the flooding (through their support of the MRGO) and he'd
be damned if he put them in charge of cleaning up the mess for which they
were responsible.

I realize Michael Brown didn't cause Katrina, but his malfeasance and
mismanagement of FEMA is the reason it is taking so long for many of us to
get straight answers to direct questions that would allow us to get back on
with our lives. Remember that this is the man who was worried about whether
his shirt sleeves should be rolled up or left down before having a press
conference. Instead of worrying about how to get food, water, trucks, and
supplies to those of us enduring the wrath of Katrina, he was worried about
how he'd appear on camera. Come on, this guys a JOKE.

The thought of hiring Brown (to help grease the skids with FEMA) makes as
much sense to me as the idea of using the Corps to handle the clean up.
If the Corps (cause) isn't being allowed to clean up the mess (problem), why
should Brown (cause) be allowed to supposedly help us get along better with
FEMA (problem)?

It seems as if Mr. Rodriguez is now beginning to talk out of both sides of
his mouth.

Just my thoughts.

Paul V. Perez