[StBernard] Fr. Maestri

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 23:36:58 EDT 2006

My daughter will be graduationg from Hannan this May.
We are so grateful for this gift. She will still be a Hannan graduate along
with most of her friends.

After spending the past 5 years as a Hannan family member, being able to see
Hannan continue--even on the Northshore means a great deal. Since Katrina,
we have learned how valuable a Hannan education is. We were fortunate to
have excellent teachers, faculty and facilities for our children to learn
and worship in.
Now the gifts that were shared with our children will be shared with many
others who might not have had the opportunity before Katrina. God works in
mysterious ways.

I always think that we have to look for good in all things--even something
as horrible as Katrina. I keep thinking of the wonderful kids my daughter
has been with since attending Hannan. All of the young people have
remarkable gifts. Now they will touch lives they might not have if not for
Katrina. This is just my crazy thougths but they make me feel better when I
remember what my daughter has lost. I know that God has a reason. Now our
students are ambassadors for Hannan.

I may have missed a page or two in regards to the money situation, but any
funds that Hannan can use to educate students should be at their disposal.
What we were able to enjoy as Hannan family members must continue. It is
too valuable a gift to let it Katrina destroy it. And God willing, one day
there will be a Hannan High School back in St. Bernard.

Janet Perez--Proud parent of Samantha--Class of2006!