[StBernard] Ex-FEMA chief Brown may be hired by ravaged parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 23:39:20 EDT 2006

Other heads should be on the table too. I don't think it was all Michael
Brown's fault, but he was the leader of FEMA at that time and maybe they
used him as a scapegoat, I don't know. But I don't think it is a good idea
to hire him. He was still part of the agency that ignored us and left us
behind in the begining and continues to do us wrong and make things
difficult for us. I agree with Westley that they should just stop helping us
so much with programs and just show us the money and we could do it
ourselves. We are able and willing to do that. We need financial help.
Also, I saw Jr. on TV and he said he asked Michael Brown if his services
would be paid for by FEMA. Michael Brown's answer was that he didn't know.
If he doesn't even know the first question asked to him about FEMA, how is
he supposed to help us? I feel there are others we could hire that would
make us look more legitimate and wouldn't feel so insulting to the citizens.

Just my opinion.

Laurie