[StBernard] Kitchenware

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 23:39:36 EDT 2006

I just wanted to respond to some of the comments regarding the kitchenware
given away yesterday.
First of all, I agree that it could have been better organized, but I
believe volunteers were handing the sets out. This is something total
strangers CHOSE to do on a beautiful day, and they should be recognized for
this.
Secondly, I passed in the morning, and the line was at least a mile long. I
was not able to sit in a line for hours with 2 small children in the car, so
I decided to do some running and come back. I passed a second time, and
there was still a long line, so I once again decided to come back at a later
time. I made one last pass just after 5:30, and the line was only a few
blocks long, so I decided to get in it. I was happy with the items in the
box. I do have some pots and pans, as I'm sure we all do, but they were
cheap, and are beginning to fall apart. The pots and pans in the package
were not worth hundreds of dollars, but they are of good quality - better
than what I have, and better than nothing.
I am greatful for the kitchen goods, and I feel like nobody forced me or
anyone else to wait in line all day to get the items.

Angel Steinmann