[StBernard] Honesty in Politics

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 10 08:48:14 EDT 2006

David/Craig, you're both correct. We shouldn't press the issue that every
politician is dishonest or a crook. It's simply not true--because only 75%
of them are crooks. I'm basing it from the time of the great Caesars to the
present. Nothing's changed and likely will never do so. I will say that
temptation shocks everyone's foundation, even mine. So sinning is part of
humanity. The urge to avoid it is where prayer and blessings pays off. So in
regards to Politicans: they should pray every to avoid the temptation to
"cross over" accepting what they shouldn't, give to someone who shouldn't
and receive gratuities which fattens the office-holder's wallet. To the 25%,
thanks to the Almighty for sparing his/her honesty as we pray "Deliver us
from evil".

Good works are in the eyes of the beholder as well as in the heart of the
recipient. May they continue, non-interfering as St. Bernard citiizens have
an enormously huge gift for/of gab per se. Give them an opportunity to
doubt, rumor-tize or spread bad (and good) gospel and they'll issue both
heaven and hell in their dialog.

--jer--