[StBernard] Ex-FEMA chief Brown may be hired by ravaged parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 10 23:05:58 EDT 2006

I am not certain FEMA can pay any of Brown's salary. I may be
mistaken, but I believe the Clinton administration imposed laws governing
contacts between former Executive Branch employees and their departments
after leaving government service. Somehow two years comes to mind. That
would prevent Brown from contacting FEMA in any way and would certainly
appear to prevent them from paying him at all...even through a third party.
I would hope this would be cleared up BEFORE a contract is signed. St.
Bernard cannot afford another expensive employee.
Also, I doubt if the meeting in Washington was accidental. Yes, on the
part of St. Bernard Government. But Mr. Brown is unemployed at the moment
(consultant is sometimes a fancy word for jobless). I have a sneaking
suspicion he made sure he "ran into them". Washington D.C. is too big a
place. It just seems odd. Ron