[StBernard] addresses to be demolished

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 10 23:35:33 EDT 2006

Deboray, I am in full-support of any plan of action that informs the
populace. This idea is such a simple one that can be implemented soon, I
hope. At the rate of things happening good these days (even the grass is
growing at a more alarming rate than news which favors recovery.
<smile>...every tidbit of info which lets us know progress is welcome by
everyone.

Thanks for being a concerned citizen yourself (and hubby)!

-jer-

The Planning Commission at its last meeting inquired as to whether or not
the parish could post a listing of addresses that have requested demolition
or provide a map of dots indicating the same. The purpose would be to
indicate to all citizens what their neighbors are doing in the hopes this
would facilitate decision making or assure them of any decision they already
made.

It was a concern that with so much of FEMA's rules on rights to privacy, no
such public posting could be made unless FEMA said that there was no privacy
issue. We asked that names of homeowners not be given, just the addresses,
and if that was too specific, then just dots on a map. Obviously, more dots
mean more demolition.

I will inquire again at tomorrow's planning commission meeting as to what
Community Development found out, if anything, from FEMA.

Perhaps Craig knows something on this issue. Also, Craig, in a posting last
week you said there is a holdup on house demolition and that something has
to still get worked out. Can you tell us anymore on that?
Some of our hurdles are mountains and others are just molehills, so is
this house demolition holdup a mountain or a molehill from your perspective?

Deborah Keller