[StBernard] What Houston thinks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 10 23:34:26 EDT 2006

I think what this guy from Houston doesn't understand is that metro-New
Orleans is very diverse. Our suburbs are special because they were allowed
to grow without the direct influence of the city.

Personally, without taking Katrina into consideration, I would never live
inside of city limits or even open a business within the city. I just found
city/Orleans parish government to be too over-bearing for me.

Jefferson was out because of the traffic and canals. Always feel like you
have to drive two miles out of your way to be able to make a U-turn.

That leaves St. Bernard. Extremely low crime-rate, top-notch public
schools, great places to eat. Maybe the shopping wasn't quite as diverse as
other parts of the city, but they were still close enough that it wasn't any
big deal to take a short trip for something you couldn't get in St. Bernard.

Being that he comes from California and now leaves in Houston, it doesn't
surprise me. He probably thinks New Orleans pre-Katrina was a small town
and St. Bernard would have been a village.

I guess he just wanted his fifteen minutes of fame. Now he got it, let's
just leave him be.

Westley