[StBernard] Congress Approves - while the President considers a Veto

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 5 02:09:19 EDT 2006

Senate approves $109B for war, hurricane relief

"The president has made it very clear. He would veto legislation that goes
above and beyond what he called for."

The measure passed by a 78-20 vote."

<"http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/uptotheminute.cfm?recid=4013&referer
=dailyUpdate">

**Let's hope the President does the right thing and not veto what would be
Louisiana's hope for the hopeful. If not, it heads back to the Congress to
override the Veto.

It is IMHO that the President needs to spend less time in concern for a
Cinco de Mayo celebration for that class and be more concerned with a 5th of
May decision to not VETO and accept the HR/Senate decision of the people to
help us recover fully. Anything less with America (meaning LA) and promoting
illegals immigrants over Americans is simply this: "It's UN-American". What
has happened to the U.S? More concern for giving America a SECOND American
Antem and pledge over repairing America's own hearts and futures? Shameful
and embarrassing, ..and pitiful.

We saw what it has done to our northern neighbor, Canada. They don't know
whether to French it out or English it to death?

**We need to get our priorities straight as to what we need immediately in
our country at this time. Help our people recover and keep America,
well....**American**

==Jer==