[StBernard] Buccaneer North

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 5 02:11:49 EDT 2006

Dianne,

Here is the issue for Buccaneer Villa North and it applies to the entire
parish. What makes the Buccaneer Villa North issue more intense is the
elevation of so many of the houses. The bottom line will be what will be
the ability of the LRA to actually provide an incentive for people to
participate in the "buy out". Earlier discussions ranged from using Hazard
Mitigation money (which is a buy out that creates greenspace) to using
Community Development Block Grant Money (which created redevelopment
opportunities- sell to the LRA and then potentially the LRA redevelops
properties for purchase).

The simple answer to your question is that as the property owner, you can
choose to sell the property and move on. There is no mandate to sell,
although if there is an elevation compliance issue for current base flood
elevations on homes that are substantially damaged >50%, the owner will have
to address that.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig