[StBernard] Craig Taffaro

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 19:23:12 EDT 2006

Hi Craig,

You have been very good with responding to resident's questions, so here is another for your enjoyment. With the June 9th deadline approaching fast, I am facing the decision to rebuild vs. demolish. My home is located on Prince Dr in Buccaneer Villa North which was proposed, and now rescinded, to become green space. My home is currently gutted, but was deemed 60-100% damaged along with the majority of homes in my area. With that being said, I have seen only 1 home in BVN actually being renovated which is not very promising. I know that guidelines are not in stone; however, my main question to you is "If my home has more than 50% damage, am I required to elevate to new codes?" If I must elevate to maintain flood coverage, them I must tear my home down and start from scratch. I do not want to pass on free demolition if I willbe forced to demolish in upcoming months at my own expense.

I understand these questions are difficult to answer b/c we want our residents to come home and rebuild the parish house-by-house. Please continue your good service to St. Bernard. You have been very resourceful through out this difficult time.

thanks,

Kenny Hartdegen

--
Kenny