[StBernard] Assessor Reform Action

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 21:11:21 EDT 2006

ENGAGED CITIZENS WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. WE NEED YOUR ACTION. This is
the most critical push we will make prior to the closing of the legislative
session:

The Assessor Bill 642 to be heard on MONDAY JUNE 5TH , 9:30 AM before the
House Ways and Means Committee in Baton Rouge. The Governor, the Lt.
Governor, and the Mayor and all the newly elected Councilmen support the
bill. It is most important that we do all we can to get the New Orleans
delegation to support the passage of HB 642 out of committee.

URGENT!!! Please make calls and faxes to the members of the New Orleans
delegation <http://cgno.convio.net/site/R?i=Ykz89Vi0bcGW2JsKl7G30w..> and
members of the House Ways and Means Committee
<http://cgno.convio.net/site/R?i=uqpmLAlHtGUze5m3hIhwBg..> . Faxes and
phone calls are the best way to contact legislators. Please ask your
friends and family members to do the same.

You can also send a preformatted email
<http://cgno.convio.net/site/R?i=thBZEqNOLbwKkacrDHuULw..> to the full
House of Representatives asking for their support of HB #642. (Please note
that you do not have to log in if you are already registered.)

Tell legislators that the people of Orleans Parish deserve the right to vote
on whether or not they want 1 or 7 assessors for their parish.

Again, don't let them get away with saying that the people of Orleans have
spoken. This is not true. The people of Orleans have only voted on the
election of individual assessors, NOT on whether or not they want 1 or 7
assessors....an important distinction to make.

We want the bill to be heard before the committee and passed with the
support of the New Orleans delegation. Please join us in Baton Rouge. We
want a strong presence.

On behalf of the entire Citizens One Team many, many thanks.

Barbara Bush

Please Note: You can now access the Citizens' website with the following