[StBernard] Oh No LLC

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 21:11:49 EDT 2006

Yeah, Westley, I was at first suspicious because of the way it was initially
posted and knowing that some people *will* take advantage of a bad
situation.

I'm curious though about one thing. When I thought we were first heading
back I called Compagna's company and spoke to him. On his website he
advertised doing residential work but he told me no, he was only doing
commercial work. Maybe he's only doing a few of these for friends/family or
something.

JLY

Laurie, Cheryl, et al,

I don't think anyone has a problem with Warren doing his job. It is
more a
problem of perception, and perception in St. Bernard is very
negative at the
moment.

When you read in the paper that a company called Oh No is buying up
properties, the first thought is someone formed a shell company to
try and
capitalize on the misfortunes brought on by the storm.

Having never heard of the company Oh No, or of Warren, I could
easily
picture Sidney Torres behind the scenes explaining to Mrs.
Clothilde, "I'm
sorry, but you will never be able to fix your home up. Let me help
you out
by buying it for $10,000."

With everything we are hearing, and let me repeat, we are only
hearing
stories, so there is no proof in the pudding yet, of shanigans by
Torres,
Stephens, Junior, etc., people are going to be wary.

With the emails we've received from about Warren, I'm sure everyone
has
corrected their opinion of what he is doing.

One of the problems with email is the time lag between when original
messages go out and replies start trickling in. I think Steve Fecke
was the
first to respond about who Warren was, at that point, I thought the
subject
was cleared up, but it does take a few days for all the dust to
settle.

The only thing I can suggest, especially if it has been a day or two
since
you checked your email is to read all the messages before
responding, or at
least all that have the same subject line. Most email clients will
allow
you to group messages by subject, so you can read the entire
discussion to
date.

Westley