[StBernard] Greetings from Tokyo: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 2 22:17:41 EST 2006

It's been a busy trip so far! We are inviting companies to do business in Louisiana just as we planned to do before Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. We have been very well received, and company executives tell me there is a great deal of interest in Louisiana right now. In Japan we met with Toyota executives and had a meeting with the Japan External Trade Organization. We also met with Shin-Etsu, which is the parent company of Shintech. As you know, Shintec! h is investing $1 Billion in a PVC plant in Louisiana. The Chairman informed us of the nine businesses in his family of companies, that offers us great opportunities for the distant future. We also made a personal visit to their semiconductor silicon crystal plant. We just have arrived in China. It is almost midnight and we have had a long day, but I look forward to the days ahead.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

During her two-week business development mission to Asia, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco will share her experience with constituents through e-postcards. Her trip will take her to Japan, China, and Taiwan as she works to maintain relationships with investors who have projects or current investments in Louisiana while cultivating new investors exploring opportunities in the state.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Re covery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org