[StBernard] Governor Blanco ready to land the big one as Louisiana is named a final contender for new plant

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 7 19:52:36 EST 2007

Governor Blanco ready to land the big one as Louisiana is named a final contender for new manufacturing facility

WASHINGTON, DC - ThyssenKrupp announced this morning that Louisiana is one of two states remaining in final consideration for development of a new state-of-the-art steel and stainless steel manufacturing and processing facility in the United States. Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco spoke with Peter Urban, the Vice Chairman of the Executive Board of ThyssenKruppSteel by phone and issued a statement from Washington where she is meeting with Congressional leaders to advance Louisiana's federal recovery agenda.

Statement by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco:

"Louisiana is ready to close the deal and reel in the nation's largest durable goods manufacturing facility. Our team is competing at the highest level and we're one step closer to scoring a monumental win for our hardworking citizens.

"This project is a significant investment that would create unprecedented opportunities for our people and communities. It would bring thousands of direct, quality jobs with benefits to our citizens and create amazing opportunities for our people to come home and build a brighter future for their families.

"We are transforming Louisiana's economy and doing everything we can to bring in new industry. We cut taxes for businesses, invested in Louisiana workers and changed the business climate in our state. Today, Louisiana is a key player in the global economy.

"My thanks to the Louisiana Legislature for positioning us to compete by approving my request to set aside infrastructure funds for this project. I also extend my appreciation to ThyssenKrupp for advancing Louisiana to final consideration. We have one strong message for them, Louisiana is ready to bring this project home."

View the official release from ThyssenKrupp online at: www.thyssenkrupp.com <http://www.thyssenkrupp.com> .

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org