[StBernard] MACS VACS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 7 23:53:35 EST 2007

Dear WOC,

I read your comments and was reminded of an Executive Finance Committee
meeting I attended in which our parish leaders discussed the sewage
situation. I must admit that until then, I didn't fully understand how dire
our situation is. Craig said at that meeting that his worse nightmare would
be sleeping all night long--NOT being jolted awake those three times a night
that the vacuum trucks came to do their badly needed job. He made it very
clear to those in the audience what would happen if those fine folks who are
working without getting properly paid decided they could no longer continue
doing their job. We definitely don't want that to happen!

You are right to call to someone's attention the speed that's being
traveled. That's a danger to people as well as unneeded stress on our
already damaged streets, but I'm thinking that hearing those trucks three
times a night is an awfully good thing--especially if you're a fan of indoor
plumbing, laundry, dishwashing, etc!

Hang in there! We're going to survive all of this! I wish you a speedy
return to your home!

Janet