[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 3 19:50:16 EDT 2007

Wendy, since you brought it up:

" Most current research supports that homosexuality is GENETIC not a
choice, found on the 23 chromosome and studies were on twins where the
anomoly could be more easily found. If these facts are to be believed, then
it makes homosexuality like any other genetic anomoly, made by God. AND, if
this is the case, do we then start making other genetic disorders Is this a
way for population control since man has cured most diseases faster than
mutations can occur? So, I like to chose the path where I "judge slowly,"
because last time I checked I wasn't the one making the judgements on
judgement day."

Firstly, if we believe in the Bible at all, we can use it to guide our
perspectives and lives beyond what science declares. Remember, even science
can admit there are anomalies and miraculous happenings for which they
cannot explain. One, being an Almighty God. Sciences are not based upon
beliefs, innuendoes, misconceptions or word of mouth. It's based on
empirical facts/data as they are aware and not on "hokey-pokey", Santa Claus
and yes, GOD!

If we believe what the bible's teachings, it's inspirations gained through
its holy cast of content and of what those who DO believe, we are led (in
the minds of true believers) in what we know as its TRUTH.

Therefore, we are taught to despise the sin and love the sinner (expecially,
if the sinner has repented and is in God's graces again, <if ever).

In the Bible, (to take one example) the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah
was utterly destroyed for its Sodom behaviors which included homosexuality,
perverseness and lasciviousness by men on men or woman on woman. (shocking?
You bet if you were Lot and family). If the church of God (and those who
practice its teachings choose to believe its historical teachings that God
can create and God can condemn, who are we to deny its teachings if we are
truly walking in the path to God?

Genetic disorder? So, one cannot choose for him/herself as to which path
God's word has inspired us to follow to come to HIM? If one truly believes
that God has the final say so, there needs no further argument about it. "no
explanation is necessary to he who believes, and to he who does not, not
explanation will suffice".

--jer--