[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 3 19:58:17 EDT 2007

"Is the bigger crime because it was homosexual sex?"

Wendy, my answer to that is...yeah, that's exactly it! Remember, I'm just
pointing out that it's human nature that people do have stronger "feelings"
about some acts compared to others. The link that Jim provided to a Free
Republic website posting was excellent at explaining this. As the poster
pointed out, forget what man made laws actually say and what the penal codes
say in regards to punishment. More than not it's what goes through people's
minds and how they "feel" about certain acts committed - like homosexuality.
Some people don't have a big problem with prostitution - that's obvious by
its legality in Neveda - but even people in Neveda who think it should be
legal won't necessarily seek activity with a prositute. Craig's actions
involve the issue of homosexualit, which "most" people have problems dealing
with - no matter how educated and open minded we like to think we are - it's
human nature to feel uncomfortable about something we cannot see ourselves
practicing. Thus, many will look upon Craig's act as being far worse than
Vitter's.

Likewise, when you get right down to it, what people "really" have a problem
with concerning Vitter isn't that he committed an act that just happens to
be illegal where he did it, but he committed a crime against his wife and
family - a moral crime. You see, that's a moral or "feely" crime he's
guilty of. And to many people, like myself, that is more important than
what the law determines to be legal or not.

As you imply, he'll one day have to answer to a higher authority.

John