[StBernard] Governor Blanco issues statement regarding $1 billion projected surplus

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 18 23:38:26 EDT 2007

Governor Blanco issues statement regarding $1 billion projected surplus

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued the following statement today regarding state economists' reports to the Revenue Estimating Conference:

"Today's report that revenues for Fiscal Year 07 are $1 billion more than the latest official forecast is further evidence of Louisiana's economic health. Our economic development efforts are taking root statewide, and, coupled with our continued recovery, are giving our state a robust fiscal outlook. This past legislative session, we made targeted investments in Louisiana's future, directing our economic growth towards areas that will lift up our state. We made historic investments in education, as well as roads, health care, recovery needs and economic development. We knew at the time what today's news proves; that we have laid the groundwork for a bright economic future in Louisiana, and we must be responsible stewards for the benefit of generations to come."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org