[StBernard] School Zones

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 19 19:03:52 EDT 2007

There was actually a school crossing guard out this morning in front of
Chalmette High School at Palmisano and Judge Perez. I travel to work
everyday on Judge Perez and this was the first time a guard was present. I
have seen police officers there a number of times (NOT everyday), but only
as traffic control, not crossing the students......baby steps I guess......

wq
> Hi yall, this may be a completely off the wall (stupid) question
about the
> problem of speeders through school zones: Is there such a thing as

> temporary, removable speed bumps? I don't know how else to slow
down people
> so stupid as to not notice children trying to cross streets at
school time.
> I would think it would be obvious in any language that you
shouldn't run
> over them, but hey, that's what I get for thinking. Here where I
live,
> school crossing guards are a volunteer effort. Plus, local police
are
> vigilant about enforcement. With the shortage of available police
in da
> Parish, maybe volunteers with mega-phones hollering, "School
Zone-Slow