[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 19 19:48:53 EDT 2007

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

New in Recovery Assistance

Small Grants Available for Unexpected Expenses

Modest Needs provides grants of up to $1,000 to help people meet unexpected
and potentially catastrophic expenses such as an unexpected auto repair,
unanticipated trip to the doctor, or an unusually large utility bill. Its
Gulf Coast Renewal Initiative was recently reactivated after receiving a
$40,000 donation.

Referrals for People with Disabilities

Families Helping Families of Greater New Orleans, information and referral
service for people with disabilities and their families, including
information on educational services and other needs.

Find out more in our Recovery Assistance section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/comresources> .

New in Hospitals and Clinics

Good Will Institute Hospice

Good Will Institute Hospice, 620 Oak Harbor Blvd., Suite 201B, Slidell, is
the only freestanding non-for-profit hospice in St. Tammany Parish. It
provides adult hospice and pediatric palliative care services to all
terminally ill persons.

Find out more in our Hospitals and Clinics section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/hospitals> .

New in Job Resources

City Year Louisiana

City Year Louisiana is hiring young people to do full-time community service
work and to work with youth in schools.

Find out more in our Job Resources section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/jobresources> .

Upcoming Events

September 20: Central Carrollton Association Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1494>

September 20: Powell, Blakely discuss recovery on WYES-TV
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2604>

September 28-30: Gulf Coast Building and Remodeling Expo
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2581>