[StBernard] Landrieu Comments on WRDA Conference Vote in the Senate

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 19 19:49:51 EDT 2007

Landrieu Comments on WRDA Conference Vote in the Senate

WASHINGTON - United States Senator Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., today commented
on the Senate leadership's decision to schedule a floor vote on the Water
Resources Development Act (WRDA) for Monday, September 24.

Sen. Landrieu said:

"We have been waiting seven long years for a new WRDA bill, and this year,
the House and Senate finally came together in agreement on a bill that will
authorize $3.6 billion in crucial flood control, navigation and hurricane
protection projects for Louisiana.

"But a presidential veto threat still looms heavy over this accomplishment.
I stand united with the Louisiana delegation in our effort to override a
veto and ensure this bill is passed with or without administration
approval."

- 30 -