[StBernard] Strain Wins Third-Quarter Money Race

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 21:06:09 EDT 2007

Mike Strain Reports Raising Over $200K In Third Quarter
"Strain Raises More Than Both Opponents Combined"

Abita Springs, La- With third-quarter fundraising coming to a close, Rep.
Mike Strain, candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry, emerged
again as the leader in the money race to unseat 28 year incumbent Bob Odom.

Dr. Strain finished the third-quarter fundraising effort with $790,655 cash
on hand, and from 432 contributors this quarter raised $202,365. To date,
824 reform-minded supporters have contributed to Mike Strain's campaign.

"All across this state, people are joining our Army of Reform and
contributing money to our campaign", said Strain. "Thanks to their efforts
and support, our campaign is the clear leader in momentum and fundraising.
We are one step closer to being able to bring new ideas and new leadership
to the Department of Agriculture and Forestry."

"We are moving forward with a purpose that is beyond politics", said Strain.
"Our mission is to restore integrity to the office, give a major boost to
our agricultural economy by utilizing new technologies and working with our
farmers, and put an end to taxpayer-subsidized boondoggles. The election
this fall is a tremendous opportunity to start a new era of responsible and
visionary government."

###