[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame? but please allow him acallfor a ride home???

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 23:34:12 EDT 2007

John,

What about this scenario?

She does check on her brother every two or three days.

As fate would have it, she calls on Friday morning, everything is cool.
Friday afternoon her brother is released. She doesn't call back until
Monday morning. Brother is gone, no one knows where he is until eventually
he is found.

This to me is almost like the St. Rita's case. Putting the blame on
government is missing the point. The nursing home, in my view, has a duty
to ensure that their patients next of kin is notified, with at least two
hours notice, that the patient is to be discharged. Even if they have to
clear out the bed for a new "paying" patient, they can at least allow the
former patient to waiting in the cafeteria/common room for their ride to
arrive.

Westley